Wednesday, March 13, 2013

***Apricot Lane in Charlotte***...Why Am I Just Now Finding This???

Last Wednesday, I visited the revamped Apricot Lane located in Huntersville's Birkdale Village.  Under new ownership, the boutique reopened on March 1.  Living in the southern area of Charlotte, it was a lengthy drive in comparison to my normal shopping venues; however, it was beyond worth it.  

First off, the Birkdale Village is absolutely beautiful!  It's what I would consider "cute-sy"... with the white buildings, stores and restaurants all set up like a small, yet spacious town...it has a very comfortable vibe.  Although I don't live close, I'd definitely frequent that area.



I had just left Kirkland's and felt the urge to explore the Village more.  I just knew that I would find a gem there!  Prior to my visit to the Village, I had never heard of Apricot Lane, but the display window with the stylishly dressed mannequins was hard to ignore.  The boutique has an array of reasonably priced, eclectic accessories and trendy women's clothing.  While comfortable and welcoming, I felt like an exclusive shopper!  The store carries very unique, yet fashion-forward merchandise, all of which is strategically organized to lure the shopper into every corner of the store.  Striving to not look like masses, I can go into this store and leave with quality statement pieces.  I purchased a great pair of peacock earrings and a peacock wallet (I love peacock by the way, in case you couldn't tell).


The boutique has great things going on now that I suggest you check out.  Shoppers can enter to win a $500 shopping spree (yes...yes...yes)!  Also, anyone who visits the store can receive a free 3Strands  bracelet in support of AIM's (Agape International Mission) work with survivors of human trafficking.  The 3Strands bracelet, valued at $18, includes a seed from the Sandlewood tree, native to Cambodia, which represents the life of a Cambodian child rescued from sex trafficking.  50% of the profits from the jewelry goes to rescue and restoration of victims.  I have experience working with survivors of sexual assault, so THIS moved me.  The Apricot Lane Triangle NC store owners purchased the 3Strands bracelets to support the cause, and for each bracelet given, the store owners will donate an extra $5 to AIM.  So, if not for any other reason, visit the store and get a bracelet in support of the cause--but I can guarantee that you won't leave without finding something you love!

On March 23, in efforts to kick off the new beginning, it will hold the "Say Hello to Spring" fashion show at 6 p.m. at the runway setup in the fountain area.  Unfortunately, the fashion show falls on a workday for me, so I won't be there, but I'm sure I'll hear great things about it.

The franchisee, Alpha Astra, LLC, has plans to open two additional Charlotte locations, so I'm personally looking forward to that.  Currently, Alpha Astra has this opened this location for the Charlotte area as well as one in Raleigh and Cary, NC. Check out Apricot Lane Triangle NC to learn more about the stores, and show some love and support to Apricot Lane Charlotte on Facebook!







Here are my purchases...and my 3Strands bracelet (I wear it everywhere).





***Apricot Lane gets an A+ from me.

--DJ



1 comment: