Friday, February 15, 2013

This. Is. My. Year...I've claimed it; I'm living it.



I'll be twenty-five this year.  As with each year, I have promised to live it to its fullest and most fruitful; however, there's something more in my drive this time.  I wake up with more of a purpose....Now don't get me wrong, I can be lazy--and proud of it--but my spirit is always moving!  It's like, I truly feel every moment of the day.  And each time I do, I thank God for it.  As quickly as the year is passing (I know it's only February, but shoot, February came quickly), I can genuinely say, I've felt each day.  I can probably recall something from each daily experience, and that's what I consider living.

This is my year to "Do Me." Embrace my interests, try new things, and do what I want without needing anyone's approval or acceptance. It's so easy to fall into the box "everyone" expects you to live in, but it's a challenge being who you are. It should be the other way around. For some, it is, but for most, it's a struggle.  Disclaimer, I'm very happy being who I am. No one else can do it better than me! But it's hard sometimes, especially when not everyone is your side or feeling what you're feeling. So, with this year, I'm working on making all of that easier! Living care-free and caring less...I'm excited! I don't know how much sense that made...but I don't care. I get me ;-)

So, get ready, get ready. I plan to document this glorious year of mine. The year of the TWENTY-FIVE.

--DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment