Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Re-Introduction to my Passion

For those who know me, I've had this undying passion for fashion.  Sounds so cliche, but what can I say, It's in my blood.  I can't help myself.  It's not that I just have an eye for style and great looks, but I love everything about fashion.  From the construction of clothing, to the ideas and the inspiration of styles, to the business...it's a science!!! Some things come natural, other things are learned, but all of it, I love.

I've felt as though I've been out of touch.  Not so much as with fashion, but with actually pursuing it in some type of way.  In college, I did a lot.  A few friends and I started a POSE (People of Style and Education), which later became officially recognized by the university.  I modeled in every fashion show I could, and I also organized a fashion show for my sorority.  One would think I would've progressed in that area following graduation, but for whatever reason, I didn't.  "Real life hit" and didn't have a place for my pursuit of fashion. I started to think that pursuing fashion was some type of unattainable dream...one of those things that you could only want, but I'm past all of that.  I don't want it to just be something I observe or *wish* about, I want to live it (whooo, this is so cliche, but it's honest!).

So, this year, I want to take fashion and style more seriously.  I have some serious plans to put into action so that this will all become more than a notion.

--DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment